You know those summer days when the mere act of standing makes you feel like you’re literally melting? Yeah, those. Turning the AC on, drinking loads of water…yeah, yeah, we all know the tricks. But what can you do when the only thing you’re thinking of is ICE CREAM ? You might be thinking ‘What about my beach body ?’, and you’re right, we all want to look our best for summer. Okay, what if I tell you there’s a way to eat loads of ice cream and still look amazng? I’ll let you in on my little secret, the 4-ingredient berry sorbet!
Intrigued? Perfect ! Then get ready to be amazed too, because it’s is gluten-free, refined sugar-free, getting the much needed sweetness from the berries vegan, non-dairy( if you choose to stick to the recipe, but if you like regular milk, that works great too! ), low on calories and still tastes amazing ! Ever since I discovered you don’t need a super fancy (aaand most probably expensive) ice cream machine to make this madness I am addicted to it !
You can find similar recipes here: 4-Ingredient sugar-free coconut blueberry popsicles, 4-ingredient Peaches and Cream popsicles.
Tips and tricks for the perfect 4-ingredient sugar-free berry sorbet:
-Stir in the sorbet from time to time, to achieve a creamier mixture.
-When you take the sorbet out of the fridge, make sure you give it at least 5 minutes to soften so you can scoop it. Sice it is not regular ice cream, it will not be as creamy.
4 ingredient berry ice cream
- 4 cups Mixed berries frozen
- 1 cup Coconut milk (feel free to replace with any kind of milk or yogurt)
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup (or 3 medjool dates)
- 2 Bananas frozen
- Place all the ingredients in the food processor.
- Mix until smooth.
- Taste the mixture – eventually adjust sweetness level.
- Pour the mixture in a tray and decorate with more berries.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hrs, mixing ocasionally for a smooth texture or eat straight away if you like a soft whip texture.
- Decorate with berries and coconut flakes.