Don’t know about you, but I instantly associate cold weather with comfort food. And this Creamy Corn and Bacon Soup hits the spot every single time! It’s the perfect cure for gloomy weather blues and it’s also delish.
‘Kay, now that we established that Soup Season is officially on, let’s talk about bacon for a sec. It kinda goes without saying, everybody loves bacon. Right? Right. So obviously, we like our bacon on everything from a burger to a pancake. Right? Riiiight. And that’s how it landed in my Soup and kicked it up a notch. Now, stop drooling and check out the tips and tricks and the recipe!
Tips and tricks for this Creamy Corn and Bacon Soup:
-You can use fresh corn if it’s available, or easily switch to canned or even frozen corn.
-Depending on how thick you want your soup, use the amount of stock given in the recipe or less. I used about 2 cups of stock, 1/2 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of cooking cream in mine because I wanted it to have a thicker consistency. It turned out like a runny polenta and I LOVED it.
-For an original twist, you can top your soup with some popcorn if you’d like.
Creamy Corn and Bacon Soup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 100 g bacon chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 potato peeled and chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup cooking cream
- ½ cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and cook the bacon until crispy. Set the bacon aside.
- In the same saucepan, add the potato ( peeled and chopped), the garlic cloves and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer the mix to a medium pot.
- Cut the kernels from the 4 ears of corn and add them in the pot. Add the stock and the spices and boil for approximately 20 minutes or until the corn and potato are soft.
- Turn the heat to low and add the milk and cream. Mix and simmer for about 2 minutes, then transfer the mixture to a blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour the soup in bowls, add bacon and more corn kernels or popcorn on top for serving. Top with more cooking cream if necessary.