Okay, I guess it’s settled that everybody loves pancakes. I mean EVERYBODY. Breakfast, dessert or just because, they’re known for making everything better. Now hear me out: what if let you in on a little secret? Healthy chocolate pancakes made with oatmeal and bananas. Now, that’s something…
Almost forgot to mention that these beauties are done in no time, since you only need to throw the ingredients in the blender and push the button. Just like magic! Check out some tips and tricks to help ease the process for you.
Tips and tricks for the perfect Healthy Chocolate Pancakes:
-Try using rolled oats instead of old fashioned ones. The result will be smoother and puffier. Here’s what I used.
-You can use either regular milk or a non-dairy alternative, they both work just as fine. I used oat milk for mine.
-Make sure your bananas are a bit overripen, that will help sweeten the pancake mix naturally.
-Be sure to let the batter sit a few minutes before cooking it for it to soak up liquid. That will help create a light and airy texture for your pancakes.
Healthy Chocolate Pancakes
- 2 medium bananas ripened
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk (125 ml)
- 1½ cups oatmeal
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 strawberries cut into quarters
- ½ banana sliced
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- chocolate syrup or melted chocolate
- Place all the ingredients in the blender and mix for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Allow the mix to sit for 5 minutes before frying the pancakes.
- Lightly coat a non-stick pan with coconut oil, butter or olive oil and place over medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, start pouring batter in the pan (about ½ laddle for each) and cook for approx. 2 mins on each side or until the pancakes slightly puff up and you see a few bubbles on the edges.
- Top the pancakes with chocolate chips, syrup and fruits or any toppings of your choice.