I know it’s not the season for summery fruit tarts, but I have sooo many recipes from this summer I didn’t get a chance to share! And also, this peach and almond tart is easy peasy to make and that’s a pretty solid reason to share it with you guys. It takes less than half an hour to make!
Tips and tricks for this Peach and Almond Tart:
-To give it a nutty flavour, i used almond meal for the base. If you don’t have almond meal, worry no more! You can grind almonds and you just got yourself your own home-made almond meal!
-For a more intense taste, just slightly toast your almonds before grinding them. 6-7 minutes at 120 degrees would be perfect.
-If you don’t have peaches, just use nectarines. They have the same consistency and are delicious too!
-Cornstarch is really important because it’s your thickening agent. If you don’t have any, you can use gellatine to make sure your filling will set.
-Give the tart at least 4-5 hours in the fridge to set. It’s best to leave it overnight for guaranteed results.
-If you want perfectly cut slices, put the knife blade under hot water and dry it. The hot blade will give you a clean cut.
-You can use other nuts as well, such as pistachios, hazelnuts or walnuts. Just make sure you give them a roast before.
-Don’t overboil your filling, because the colour will change(been there, done that!). A minute will be enough. Don’t be scared if it’s kinda runny, it will set in the fridge!
-You can decorate the tart with more peach slices. I used peach slices, raspberries and some flowers-just for the sake of it.
-I used coconut milk and didn’t try the recipe with regular milk, so I can recommend using other vegetal alternatives if you don’t like coconut.
Peach and Almond Tart
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup almond meal (finely ground almonds)
- ¼ cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 6 tbsp cold butter
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 2-3 tbsp cold water
- 3 large ripe peaches
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 200 ml double cream
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Place the flour, almond meal, almond extract, salt and sugar in a food processor. Add the butter and mix until it becomes a dough. Add the water 1 tablespoon at a time and mix unil it reaches the tart dough consistency.
- Press the dough into a tart pan and use a fork to make holes in it. Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes. Use parchment paper and pie weighs or beans fo the first 10 minutes to make sure the dough won't rise.
- Peel the peaches, cut them into cubes and place them in a blender with the lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
- Place the milk and double cream in a saucepan over medium heat, then add the maple syrup and peach puree. Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil. Take away from the heat after 1-2 minutes of boiling.
- Use a sieve to pour the mix in the tart shell, then transfer the tart in the fridge when it's completely cool and let it harden for at least 4 hours.(Best to keep in the fridge overnight)
- Decorate with more peach slices if you want to.