This Raspberry, Pistachio & White Chocolate Tart is my favourite recipe ever. It’s the dessert I’d say buh-bye to my diet anytime, anywhere. In other words, my Achille’s heel. And once you try this tart you will undersand exactly what I’m saying!
I made this recipe with the very last raspberry crop of this summer, so this tart is basically my anthem in honor of Summer 2019. Also, this is officialy the last recipe from my Magenta-themed feed( If you follow Bakewell on Instagram you know what I mean).
A few tips & tricks for the Raspberry, Pistachio & White Chocolate Tart:
-I recommend using a high quality white chocolate for the ganache for a smoother filling . I used this one.
– Also, firmer raspberries work better, because they keep their shape when you pour the warm ganache on top.
-Roasting the almond flakes and pistachios for 5-7 minutes allows them to enhance their flavour and become crunchier.
-If you feel like the shortcrust pastry recipe gives you headache, you can simply buy it ready-to-use.
-When cutting the tart, warm up the blade of the knife in hot water and wipe it dry. It helps cutting through the chocolate easier and creates smooth edges for the slices.
Find the recipe below:
Raspberry, Pistachio & White Chocolate Tart
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, sifted (aprox. 180 gr.)
- ½ pack cold butter, cut into 1 cm cubes (125 g)
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tbsp cold water
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup flaked almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup unsalted pistachios, toasted and roughly chopped.
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 450 g white chocolate
- 85 g butter
- 150 ml double cream
- Whisk together the dry ingredients( flour, salt), then add the butter and rub it into the flour until the mixture resembles bread crumbs. Add the egg and water and mix until you reach a dough-like consistency.
- Form a dough ball and cover with cling film and transfer to the fridge for at least 1h or freezer for 20 minutes.
- Take the dough out, let it sit for 5 minutes and then roll it on a floured surface in a 28 cm circle. Place the dough in a 22 cm tart pan, press it into the pan and cut the excess. Use a fork to create holes throughout the whole. Place it back in the freezer for 10 mins,
- Place some parchment paper on top of the dough and cover the surface with pie weights or uncooked rice/beans. Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes. Remove weights and cook for 5-10 mins more( until golden-brown)
- Spread the fresh raspberries and half of the almonds and pistachios on the tart crust.
- Melt the chocolate and butter on bain marie, mixing constantly. Remove from heat, add the double cream and vanilla extract and mix. Pour the mix in the tart shell on top of the fruits.
- Sprinkle the remaining nuts on top, then refrigerate the tart for 4-5 hrs or until the chocolate ganache hardens.
- When cutting the tart, dip the blade of the knife in hot water, wipe it dry and then use it.