I just love how easy this sugar-free blackberry crisp recipe is. And healthy. But I’m not over-reacting, I swear. I just can’t get over the fact that it’s refined sugar-free! And so versatile! You want it for breakfast? Excellent choice. Snack? You got it! Ooor as a fabulous comforting dessert? Just add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you’ll take it to the next level!
So, as fall is slowly taking over, I’ll press the pause button on the no-bake recipes for a while. And I’m not even mad about it! I mean, there’s something about baking that is intensely satisfying. Is it possible to love the baking part of baking more than the eating or am I being crazy here? Anyway, talk to you later, I’ll be in my heavenly smelling kitchen, indulging in this goodie!
Tips and tricks for this Sugar-free Blackberry Crisp:
-You can totally replace the blackberries with any other fruit come in handy. I tried this recipe with apples, pears, plums, peaches and apricots and I wasn’t dissapointed.
-If you don’t have any maple syrup, you can switch to any other sweetner like agave syrup, molasse or even sugar.
-If almonds are not your thing, switch to any type of nuts you like.
-If you have no fresh or frozen fruits available, you can use your favourite jam. Just remember to skip the sweetner in the recipe.
Sugar-free blackberry crisp
- 3 cups blackberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter cut into cubes
- Preheat the oven at 190°.
- Combine the blackberries, lemon juice, maple syrup and cornstarch and place the mix in a baking dish.
- Mix together the oats, flour, butter, cinnamon, maple syrup and flaked almonds until the butter combines with the other ingredients.
- Place the mix on top of the blackberries.
- Bake for aprox. 45 minutes at 190°, or until the top is golden-brown.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Serve hot or cold, plain or with a scoop or vanilla ice cream on the side.