As I previously mentioned, this summer I declared myself in love with berries. So, along with my already famous berry obsession grew a desire to use them in everything. And boy, did I! Smoothies, cakes, jams, juices, cocktails, salads – yup, I said salads-, oatmeal bakes and the list goes on. That’s how I first made this 4-ingredient smoothie bowl. And I’ve been in love with it ever since.
If this is the first post you’re reading on my blog, I’ll explain. So, every summer I tend to obsess over one specific fruit and, well, this year’s stars were the berries. So, considering they’re so versatile and can be used in sooo many ways, I declared Summer 2019 the Berry Summer.
Tips and tricks for this 4-ingredient berry smoothie bowl:
-Berries come with a long list of nutritional benefits. These sexy little beauties are full of vitamins and minerals, rich in antioxidants and fibre on top of being delish !
-To get a thicker consistency, I recommend freezing all your ingredients. That way you will get a sorbet-like smoothie.
-I used coconut milk , but you can use any type of milk you like, be it plant based or regular.
4-ingredient sugar-free smoothie bowl
- 1 Banana (sliced and frozen)
- 1 cup Frozen mixed berries
- 50 ml Coconut milk or yogurt (or any other dairy/non-dairy option)
- 1 tbsp Coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp Blueberries
- 1 tbsp Raspberries
- 1 tsp Coconut flakes
- In a blender or food processor, mix together the frozen berries and the frozen sliced banana for 1 min.
- Add the coconut milk( or the alternative of your choice) and the coconut flakes and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mix into a bowl and top with more fresh berries and coconut flakes or any topping you like !