These no bake berry cheesecake bars are made from scratch and they’re an absolute madness! It’s fresh, it’s delicious and doesn’t require baking. Almost forgot to mention that it’s refined sugar-free. I used maple syrup to sweeten it, so it’s healthy and yummy at the same time.What a treat!
Tips and tricks for the perfect No-bake Berry Cheesecake Bars:
-For the base, I used digestive biscuits, but you can replace them with your faves. Literally any biscuits will do.
-If you don’t want to use dates for the base, use maple syrup or brown sugar, because these help solidify the crust. Place the base in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
–Heavy Cream: beat the cold cream into stiff peaks, because you’ll need it as thick as possible. That’s what gives your cheesecake the creamy, rich texture. Super important that the heavy cream is cold!
–Cream Cheese: make sure it’s room temperature when you start mixing it, it will help you achieve a finer, creamier filling.
-When folding the whiped cream into the cheese mix, be really gentle, so you don’t break the air bubbles in the cream. Use a spatula and mix from down under to the top until the filling is mixed.
-For a properly cooled cheesecake, you’ll need to keep it in the fridge overnight or in the freezer for 3-4 hours. That way, you’ll get smooth edges for the bars and the filling will set properly.
No-bake berry cheesecake bars
- 400 g digestive biscuits
- 150 g butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 5 Medjool dates ( Or 50 g of sugar)
- 200 ml Heavy cream
- 200 g Mascarpone
- 200 g Cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean paste (or extract)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 50 ml Maple syrup
- 2 tbs Lemon juice
- 3 cups Mixed frozen berries
- 1 handful Berries for decor
- Place the digestive biscuits and the dates in the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Melt the butter, pour it over the biscuits and mix everything together until you obtain a wet sand consistency.
- Place the mix in a 20x20cm pan and pat down with the bottom of a glass or with your fingers. Let it rest in the freezer while preparing the filling.
- Whip the cream cheese (room temperature) using the mixer.
- Add the mascarpone, maple syrup, vanilla paste and salt and mix together until smooth and creamy..
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream (cold, NOT room temperature) into stiff peaks. You'll need it as thick as possible.
- Incorporate the whipped cream into the mix using a spatula, folding it really gently so you don't deflate the air bubbles. The air is what gives your filling the thick, creamy consistency,
Mixed berries sauce
- Place all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once the berries defrost, mash them with a fork and let them simmer for around 5 minutes.
- Pour the mix in the food processor and mix until smooth.
- Strain the mix and pour it back in the sauce pan, allowing it to thicken over low heat for 3-4 more minutes, then remove from heat.
Assembling the cheesecake
- Get the base out of the freezer.
- Spoon the filling on top of the base, then tap the pan a few times to avoid bubbles.
- After the sauce cools down completely, gently pour it on top of the cheesecake and spread it using a spatula. Decorate with the remaining fresh berries.
- Place the cheesecake in the freezer for at least 3 hours before serving, or overnight in the fridge. Cut the cheesecake into 16 bars, using a knife previously dipped in hot water and dried.