Ready to take your salad game to the next level? If your answer is “Hell, yeah!”, you’re in the right place. Cause this Roasted Cauliflower Salad is out of this world! It’s packed with flavours and different textures, from creamy avocado to crispy cauliflower, crunchy cucumber and a smooth, citrusy vinaigraitte to pair it perfectly.
Tips and Tricks for the best Roasted Cauliflower Salad:
-You can roast the cauliflower days before, it keeps well in the fridge. It won’t be as crispy as it is freshly taken out of the oven, though. Also, if you have some leftover cauliflower, it goes really well as a side to your dinner.
-You can add some crumbled feta or gorgonzola to your salad, it adds some nice texture and keeps you full for longer.
-If you. like me, are crazy about different textures in your salad, add a few chopped nuts of your choice on top. Now, that’s what I call a salad heaven!
-You can also add some chickpeas in the oven along with the cauliflower. This will give your salad a bigger protein intake and make it even tastier.
Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- 300 g cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 avocados
- 2 cucumbers
- 100 g feta cheese or gorgonzola
- 4 handfulls mixed leaves (220g)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tahini (optional)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- In a small mason jar or a bowl, combine the ingredients for the vinaigraitte (shake or whisk) until compleely smooth. Taste and adjust salt and pepper. The vinaigraitte can be kept in the fridge for up to a few weeks.
- Preheat the oven at 220°C.
- On a large baking sheet lined with baking paper, combine the cauliflower, oil and spices. Toss well to evenly coat, then transfer to the oven and roast for about 20 minutes, or until evenly roasted.
- In a large, salad bowl, add the mixed greans, cucumbers.
- When the cauliflower is roasted, allow it to cool and then toss it in the salad bowl along with the other ingredients. Add the avocados (sliced) and about 1 tbsp of vinaigraitte per serving. Crumble the cheese on top and serve.