Can’t think of a better breakfast option for those busy days than chia pudding! Healthy, packed with nutrients and absolutely delicious, this Strawberry Chia Pudding will instantly make you fall in love! Did I mention that Chia Seeds are a super food and a great source of Omega-3, fiber and antioxidants? Yup, that’s what makes it great.
Tips and tricks for the best Strawberry Chia Pudding:
-I like to make my chia pudding the night before, because it allows it to get the right consistency. Just put the milk and chia seeds in a mason jar, give it a shake and place it in the fridge for 10 mins. Take it out, shake it really well again and leave it in the fridge until the next morning.
-For an even richer meal, you can top your chia pudding with some chopped nuts of your choice or granola.
Strawberry Chia Pudding
- 1 cup milk (250 ml)
- 1 cup yogurt (250 ml)
- 4 tbsp chia seeds (+1 tbsp for the strawberry jam)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup strawberries divided in half
- Place half of the strawberries and the maple syrup in a pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Allow the fruits to simmer a few minutes and mash them with a fork. Remove from heat and add the 1 tbsp of chia seeds and place the jam in the fridge.
- In a mason jar, place the milk, yogurt and vanilla extract. Shake it really well and place in the fridge for 10 minutes. Shake it again and leave in the fridge overnight or for at least 2 hrs.
- When the chia pudding is firm enough, remove both the pudding and the previously made jam from the fridge. Layer in mason jars or glasses the chia pudding with jam. Top the pudding with freshly cut strawberries.
-I used the jam from this recipe for Toast with mascarpone as well and it was DELICIOUS.