If you never heard of Strawberry Fields Salad by now, prepare to be amazed. I first had it in the States and I gotta say I was a bit skeptical when I saw the ingredients list. But MY GOD, was it good! The ingredients ballance each other perfectly and make one of the most delicious salads I’ve had so far.
This was the first time I had fruits in a savoury dish and I did not expect the combo to be this good. But it was. You gotta try it, trust me on this. And it’s perfect for meal prep. Just make sure you add the onion before serving it, because it gets a stale taste and alters the whole salad’s flavour.
Tips and tricks for a perfect Strawberry Fields Salad:
-Make sure you get the sweetest strawberries. They will help ballance the strong Gorgonzola taste.
-I used Gorgonzola Dolce for my salad, but you can go for a Gorgonzola Piccante if you want a stronger flavour.
-Use raw pecans, as you will glaze them and bake them in the oven to get them to be crunchy.
-The bacon needs to be as crispy as it can get, so I’d suggest frying it instead of baking.
Strawberry Fields Salad
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- ½ cup pecans
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup / honey / sugar
- 1 bag mixed leaves (150g)
- ½ small red onion
- ¼ cup Gorgonzola (or Feta)
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar Glaze
- Rub the chicken breast with salt & pepper and grill it.
- Mix the pecan halves with the butter and sweetener of your choice and bake them in the pre-heated oven at 170°C for about 5-6 minutes, mixing them mid-time.
- Fry the bacon until crispy.
- Slice the strawberries and thinly slice the onion (julienne).
- In a large bowl, place the mixed leaves. Slice the grilled chicken and place it on top. Cut the bacon into small pieces and add it in the bowl. Add the strawberries, pecans and onion. Crumble the Gorgonzola (or Feta) over the salad, then drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar all over it.