A combo that never fails to impress? Peanut Butter & Jelly! A classic that never gets old, as some may say. So, long story short, I finally wrote down the recipe so you can enjoy your very own Peanut Butter Jelly Cups. And they’re easy peasy to make, so you’d better get to it!
Tips & Tricks for the best Peanut Butter Jelly Cups:
-Go for a high quality chocolate, to make sure you get the best results. I used this chocolate and I was really happy with what I got.
-For a vegan friendly option, opt for vegan chocolate chips instead.
-I used raspberry jam, but you can use anything you want. You can find the recipe for a 4-ingredient sugar-free raspberry jam here.
-I used mini muffin liners, but you can go for regular ones and make bigger cups. The recipe yields about 20 mini Peanut Butter Jelly Cups.
-You can skip the Jam if you want to go for the classic Peanut Butter Cups.
Peanut Butter Jelly Cups
- 200 g chocolate
- 1 tbsp oil coconut or vegetable oil
- 60 g peanut butter
- 1 tbsp butter
- 60 g powdered sugar
- 20 mini muffin liners (or 10 regular muffin liners)
- Mix together the powdered sugar, butter and peanut butter for about 1 minute.
- Form approx. 20 balls and place in the fridge until you melt the chocolate.
- Finely chop the chocolate and place on top of a double boiler with the oil, over simmering water. Stir gently and frequently until melted.
- Place the muffin liners on your working surface. Remove the chocolate from the heat, but keep the bowl on top of the pot of hot water to mantain it in liquid form.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate in each mini muffin liner, using the teaspoon to cover the walls of the liners with chocolate. Transfer them to the fridge until the chocolate has hardened completely.
- Remove the chocolate cups and the peanut butter balls from the fridge. Place 1 ball in each cup and press with your finger until flat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of jam on top of each cup and flatten the surface with the back of the teaspoon.
- Cover each cup with melted chocolate, making sure you distribute it nice and evenly.
- Allow to cool down or transfer to the fridge until fully hardened.