Okay, we’re all craving sweets with this social distancing phase that seems to be the new reality. But what about the weight gain, right? I’m not one of those lucky fast-burners that don’t need to worry about their calorie intake, so in case you’re like me, here’s a little something that might make your day a bit better: Some Low-Carb 4-ingredient Chocolate Cookies that are done in no time and are super delicious!
And trust me when I say this, even a 3-year old could make them! You only need one bowl, 4 ingredients and a quick 20-min bake. How cool is that?
Tips & Tricks for the easiest 4-ingredient chocolate cookies:
-You can replace the peanut butter with any nut butter of your choice, as long as it’s store bought. The homemade one is softer and won’t do the trick this time.
-Before baking the cookies, place the tray in the fridge for 10-15 min to cool them a bit. That will help them mantain their shape while baking.
-If you want to make the cookies even more decadent, you can add 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips to the mix.
-The most important thing about these cookies is that you have to wait until they cooled down before you take them out of the tray. They will be crumbly while they’re hot, so you gotta be patient. But it’s totally worth the wait, pinky promise!
4-ingredient Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter (250 g)
- 1 egg (large)
- ½ cup brown sugar (100 g)
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Scoop equal amounts of dough and form balls with your hands (2cm wide).
- Place the balls in a tray covered with baking paper. Using a fork, maxe an X on each cookie to flatten them.
- Transfer the tray to the fridge for about 10 minutes before baking the cookies.
- Bake the cookies in the pre-heated oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing from the tray, they will be crumbly while hot.