Whoever invented pancakes is probably chilling in heaven now having stacks and stacks of pancakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And what better way is there to start your day than with pancakes? HINT: It has something to do with these 4-ingredient banana pancakes. YES, you read that right! Not only they require 4 ingredients, but they’re healthy too! Check them out.
Tips and tricks for the best 4-ingredient banana pancakes:
-The key to the best pancakes is using overripe bananas. Not only they will mash easy, but they will sweeten the batter naturally. Also, they provide a lot of fibers too!
-Also, really important note: let the batter sit for 10 minutes after mixing it. That will activate the flour and baking powder and get you some fluffier pancakes.
-The recipe works really well with both regular and plant-based milk, so chose the one that suits your needs best! I made it wih oat milk and it didn’t alter the result.
-Also, you can switch regular flour to Gluten-Free without worries, they’ll still be delicious in the end!
-If you wanna go full vegan mode on, switch the eggs to flax eggs and you got yourself a stack of vegan pancakes!
-The toppings can be anything you like, so use your imagination! They go realy well with chocolate spread, peanut butter etc. I topped mine with maple syrup and berries.
-If you really love chocolate, throw a handful of chocolate chips in the mix after blending the batter.
4-ingredient banana pancakes
- 1 cup milk, dairy or plant-based (250 ml)
- 1½ cup flour regular or gluten-free
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder *Optional
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix for about 1 minute. Allow the mix to rest for 10 minutes.
- Use a laddle to pour equal amounts of batter in a heated pan, rubbed with oil or melted butter. Cook for about 1 minute on each side.
- Serve with desired toppings