This year was the first time I made a Christmas Cookie Box!! And this White Chocolate Orange and Cranberry Fudge recipe was one of many to come that found its place in it. And I gotta say, it’s here to stay!! It was definitely a hit, friends say.
Tips and tricks for The Perfect White chocolate orange cranberry fudge:
-I had a few failed tests myself, so trust me when I say: Fudge can be tricky. But if you follow my instructions, you should be just fine.
-Just in case you follow them and still happen to get the wrong result, here’s a few steps for fixing fudge:
-If your fudge is TOO SOFT, it was probably not beaten enough or cookeed at a temperature that wasn’t high enough. To save it, scrape it back in the saucepan with 1 1/2 cups of water and place on low heat. Stir until dissolved and blended with the water, then increase the temperature to medium. Then taste again and check if the flavour didn’t dilute and adjust. Once it reaches the right temperature, stir until the fudge becomes shiny, then re-pour into the tin and allow it to set.
-It is essential that you use a high quality chocolate, for the proper taste and texture. I used this one and I recommend it.
-Use a good, thick condensed milk from a can. It needs to be thick and sticky, not the kind of condensed milk you use for your coffee! (Trust me, I tried and failed). Here’s the one I used for a good result.
White Chocolate, Orange & Cranberry Fudge
- 500 g white chocolate finely chopped
- 200 ml condensed milk from a can
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup dried cranberries chopped
- 2 oranges for zest Make sure it's edible and not bitter!
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Chop the cranberries and grate the orange zest. Set aside.
- Line an 18×25 cm tray with cling film.
- Melt together the chopped white chocolate and condensed milk in a medium pan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat once the chocolate is completely melted.
- Set aside and add the baking soda and stir. Add the butter, vanilla extract, cranberries and orange zest and mix together.
- Gently pour the mix in the prepared tray, then top with more cranberries and orange zest.
- Allow to cool, then transfer to the fridge for at least 2 h. Cut into squares using a hot blade.