We all have those mornings when we’re running late and we have to rush through our entire routine . Getting to the office on time, driving the kids to school, walking the dog and having a healthy breakfast? Ain’t nobody got time for that! That’s why most of the times we sacrifice our breakfast, even though we all know it’s the most important meal of the day. But that’s when this 4-ingredient berry compote chia pudding comes to the rescue !
Tips and tricks about the 4-ingredient berry compote chia pudding:
-I like to make my chia pudding the night before, because it allows it to get the right consistency. Just put the milk and chia seeds in a mason jar, give it a shake and place it in the fridge for 10 mins. Take it out, shake it really well again and leave it in the fridge until the next morning.
-I used this coconut milk, but feel free to replace it.
-Chia seeds are a super food. They contain massive amount of nutrients, low on calories, loaded with antioxidants and Omega-3 fatty acids chia seeds. Should I keep going and tell you they actually help us lose weight ? Haha, didn’t think so.
-It works great as a meal-prep! I always make a few jars whenever I have the time, they can stay in the fridge for 5-7 days, no probs ! Plus they’re delicious in so many combinations, like jams, fresh fruits or granola.
Berry compote chia pudding
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup milk (I used coconut milk, but feel free to replace with any other option)
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- In a mason jar, stir the milk and the chia seeds and then shake until well combined. ( You can use a bowl just as well, but I find it easier using the jar. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Give it another good stir or shake to break the clumps and then place the jar in the fridge for 1-2 hours, shaking it from time to time to make sure all the seeds have a gel-like consistency around them.
- In a small pot, place the berries( combined or separate) and the maple syrup, heat on medium.
- Mix occasionally until it starts to simmer, and then reduce heat to low and let the compote thicken until it reaches the consistency you want.
- Turn the heat off and let the compote cool down
- Pour a bit of the compote on the bottom of the serving container and some more on top of the chia pudding. Top with more fresh berries or your favourite yogurt !