Don’t know about you guys, but I’m always grateful in the morning when I find the make-ahead breakfast I made the day before. It’s like a gift from me to myself, you know? Always comes in handy when you’re not in the mood for cooking because you didn’t have your coffee yet. That’s why these Chocolate Energy Balls gotta be on your to-do list this week!
And don’t worry, they’re made with pantry staples, I’m sure you have all the ingredients you need already waiting for you in the kitchen.
Tips and tricks for the perfect Chocolate Energy Balls:
-Soak the dates in warm water for at least 30 minutes before making the energy balls.
-The energy balls last up to 1 week in the fridge and up to 3 months in the freezer.
-If after processing the ingredients, the mixture is crumbly and you can’t form balls, add a few tablespoons of warm water to it and mix again.
– You can use any nut butter you like, be it peanut butter, almond butter or whatever you have around. It helps bind the balls, it adds healthy fats, and makes the energy balls rich and filling.
-You can swap the dates with 1/3 of a cup of honey or maple syrup.
Chocolate Energy Balls
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 8 pitted dates soaked in warm water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup nuts of your choice
- Add all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse or mix until combined.
- Carefully roll into 3cm balls, using the warmth of your hands to mold them together.
- Roll them through cocoa or coconut flakes, or leave them as they are.