With Halloween just around the corner and trick&treaters becoming more and more picky in terms of treat, the standards are through the roof, man! Here’s where I’m coming to the rescue with this Halloween Candy Bark. So basically it’s like all the treats wrapped up in a supreme treat, one treat to rule them all. Something like The Lord of The Treats, haha.
We don’t really do trick & treating here, in Romania, so this bark actually ended up eaten by me and some friends. And I gotta say, I can’t complain about that!
Tips and tricks for this Halloween Candy Bark:
– I used white chocolate for my bark, but you can use your favourite, be it milk chocolate or dark chocolate. The result will be just as good.
-You can use any type of candy you like and that’s the fun part. Just gather together all your favourite treats!
-In terms of measurments, it’s kind of subjective. Just go with the flow! I used like 5-6 gummy worms, a spoonful of pumpkin seeds, a spoonful of mixed salted nuts, a few smarties, a bunch of saltines and some dried cranberries because that’s what I had around the house.
-Something really important, and I can’t stress this enough: Use high quality chocolate. You’ll end up eating it, so it’s okay to be picky.
-Also, super important: prepare all your toppings in advance. You gotta be super fast once you pour the melted chocolate!
Halloween Candy Bark
- 400 g White chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or other oil
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp smarties
- 1 tbsp mixed salted nuts
- a few saltines/pretzels
- 6 gummy worms
- Prepare all your toppings in advance.
- Place a saucepan with 2 cm of water in it over medium heat. Place a heat resistant bowl on top and put your chocolate (broken into pieces) in it.
- Stir continuously. Once the chocolate melted, add the coconut oil and mix some more.
- Pour the melted chocolate in a 20×20 cm tray covered with baking paper or cling film. Spread with a spatula.
- Quickly add all your toppings, pressing them into the chocolate.
- Set aside and allow to cool down, then place in the fridge until firm.